Bruno Gironcoli

Born in Villach in 1936.

After studying goldsmithing in Innsbruck, he studied in Vienna at the University of Applied Arts.

In 1959/60 he spent a year in Paris. From 1960 he lived and worked almost exclusively in Vienna.

In 1975 he succeeded Fritz Wotruba as professor and head of the sculpture school of the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts. First solo exhibitions at Galerie next St. Stephan in Vienna in 1968, in the Museum of the 20th Century in Vienna in 1970 and 1977, as well as numerous participations in the exhibitions at home and abroad (Biennale of Sao Paulo 1971, Venice Biennale 2003, etc.).

One of the most interesting European sculptors of the present day.

Gironcoli died in Vienna in 2010 after a long illness, his estate, consisting mainly of oversized aluminium sculptures, is located in his own museum in the park of Herberstein Castle in Styria.

Works by Bruno Gironcoli:

If you are interested in these works, please send us a request or call us: +43 664 100 51 10