Bleiburg / Carinthia 1935 – 1997
Studied at the Academy of Applied Arts and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna with Gütersloh and Boeckl, 1958-60 travels to Paris, London, Rome, Ireland, Norway and New York. In Paris, she meets the American painter Sam Francis, with whom she moved to New York in 1961, where she moved to a studio with him.
In the following years she commuted between Austria (Vienna, Bleiburg) and New York.
Numerous exhibitions in Austria and the USA.
1991-92 Teaching at the International Summer Academy in Salzburg. 1994 Beginning of the preoccupation with glass – the first “Venetian Heads” were created in cooperation with the workshop Berengo on the island of Murano near Venice, which were presented for the first time in 1995 in the Austrian Gallery in the Belvedere to a larger audience.
Another retrospective was dedicated to her by the Austrian Gallery in 1998, one year after her death.