(Villach 1845 – 1910 Munich) learned the carpenter’s trade, took drawing lessons from his older brother Josef, moved to Munich in 1868 and attended the academy there.
Several trips to Holland and longer stays in Carinthia (Viktring bei Klagenfurt).
In 1886 he received the title of professor from the Bavarian Prince Regent Luitpold. In addition to the Munich painters (Schleich, Lier) influence him also the French artists from the school of Barbizon (Rousseau, Corot).
He takes over their veiled mood art, paints the offside and inconspicuous (evening forests, monotonous mountain landscapes).
Like his brother, he bequeathed his artistic estate to the city of Villach. An extensive memorial exhibition of the two Willroider brothers was organized by the Cultural Office of the City of Villach in 1996.