(Seeboden am Ossiachersee / Carinthia 1924 – 1982) first visited the class for sculpture at the School of Applied Arts in Villach. After the war, he studied sculpture at the School of Applied Arts in Graz with Walter Ritter, then at the Vienna Academy with Fritz Wotruba (diploma 1951).
The Austrian State Prize for Sculpture (1962) was followed by other awards and scholarships, as well as numerous participations in symposia and exhibitions.
In 1967 he began work in the Krastal quarry near Villach. He was co-founder of the association “Encounter in Carinthia – Workshop Krastal”. At the beginning of the fifties, Otto Eder developed a new, at that time sensational technique of “dowel sculptures” of stacked stones. Later, he reduced the forms to physical-round, mostly female figures. His oeuvre is one of the most important sculptural achievements in Austrian art of the 20th century.